6/13/19

Adopting Mora! (Unexpected but welcome new dog)


I'd like to introduce you to my newest family member. This is Mora! She's a 'designer' mutt and some people call her particular mix a gerberian shepsky! The name is so cute! However, between you and me. I am pretty sure she leans very heavily into the husky.

We have known for a while now that we would eventually adopt another dog. However, we didn't think it would be so soon! Zud and I both wanted to wait until we had less of our smaller pets in the house and a bigger house.

Then memorial day weekend up come upon us. It's been flooding in the Missouri area and the local shelter ran a one day special for 25.00 adoption fees on all their dogs. We just happened to notice this girl there. She had a different name that was memorial day themed. We put our application in on online and drove two hours to meet her. If you want to know how that went... check out my youtube video about what happened there that day!

After the initial disappointment when we thought we were not going to adopt her we both were so sad. I was angry after a bit. I thought it just seemed so right and was angry that the endver didn't bear fruits. So, I tried to find us another dog and Zud and I fought about it. I'm glad we fought. If we had gotten a random dog we would have missed out on the opportunity to get this one. She's perfect for our family and fits right in. Zud was just so delighted that he was right. He doesn't get to be right about things too often ;)

More came home very grateful to be rescued. Mora spent over a month at the shelter and was underfed. So, much so I could see all her ribs and feel every one as I pet her. To make matters worse she came home with severe hot spots. ON her vet papers it said "extensive, severe moist ulcerative pyoderma over whole ventral aspect of the face and lateral right elbow" They said she got sweaty while being in the shelter with no air conditioners. Mora though injured was still a sweet dog.

It's been a few days now and she's filling out nicely. Her skin is clearing up and soon she'll be done with all her medications. I think she's such a sweet-tempered dog that she might be potentially good for being my service dog!

If you'd like to help me get her all the supplies she will need and want to feel free to check out my Amazon wishlists! Mora and I would appreciate the help!

So, far she's settled in really well! She's confused about why I would keep rabbits and she tore up the couch but that's ok. I love her and I'm happy to give her a home. We snuggle at nighttime and go running together and she plays with Gunter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Whispers Of The Deep" Emma Hamm: Booktok Merman Romance Review

 🌊 Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Monster Tropes:  Enemies to Lovers (Slow burn)  Fated Mates (Maybe)  Size Difference (He big monster, she smol ...