7/11/23

The false lead for Hope (Jane Doe 1983 Saint Louis Missouri)

I am adding this to the timeline, but you might enjoy seeing this in one place, so posting this separately for those who want to stay aware. 


My post about Hope: https://weathersrabbits.blogspot.com/2023/01/the-headless-girl-nobody-cares-about.html


May 23, 2023 (Tuesday) at 1:01 AM

A new reddit account called u/finding-jeanetta attempts to post into r/RBI. This post was quickly removed for not following guidelines, but the comments are still available. https://www.reddit.com/r/RBI/comments/13pfq2r/removed_by_reddit/



May 24, 2023 (Wednesday) at 1:08 AM

The post was re-posted but now in r/RBI2 instead, and this post was allowed to stay. This is what the post said. https://www.reddit.com/r/RBI2/comments/13qd6qs/trying_to_find_missing_sister/


"Last night I posted on RBI, and I want to spread this as far as possible. My post was removed, but I did get some great advice, but I still want to spread this as far as I can,


So my older sister, Jeanetta Brooks, born May 15, 1973, was automatically put into the custody of her father after our mother went to prison in 1981. We had different fathers, and I went to our mothers parents, and her father dropped her off with our grandparents shortly after getting custody, and left her with us for two years.


Shortly after new years, January 1983, her father came and took her. At this time, this was in Terre Haute, Indiana, and at the time, her father lived in St. Louis, Missouri. When my mother was out prison in 1986, he refused to let my mother speak to her. I was not able to find any public record searches for her, however after my post last night I did get a few suggestions to a woman who shared the same name and birth month and year, who had now gone by a married name in a different state, however I got confirmation that it was not her, as this woman had a different birthdate and was born in a different state.


I plan on making a namus profile and submitting my DNA for Ancestry tests. My grandparents had her birth certificate, and I have pictures of her. I talked to some of her father's side of the family and they said that no one has seen her since early 1983, her sister say she last saw her Valentines Day 1983 when she babysat her when her father and his wife at the time went out on a date. Since I have time tomorrow I plan on contacting this wife (now ex), from what I heard they went through a messy divorce, and someone suggested that because of this she may be willing to give me details to spite him.


As far as public record, her father is still living in his seventies, and has a long list of disturbing criminal history. I hope to find her alive, but im afraid of the grim reality. No one has seen her since 1983, she was nine years old, African-American, black hair, dark brown eyes. I dont know her height and weight at the time."


May 30, 2023

Not long after the post had been placed on Reddit, an anonymous participant informed the Facebook group "Saint Louis Missouri Jane Doe 1983 (Unsolved)." 


I approved the post on May 30, 2023. (It's possible the post sat pending for several days. I just approved it when I saw it and didn't think much of it.) Then I contacted Bird Sosa. We both agreed it was a possible lead for Hope and spent time attempting to contact the original poster and owner of the account u/finding-jeanetta.


The account  u/finding-jeanetta had stopped responding to all people for several weeks. Meanwhile, the story kept picking up attention. 


June 7, 2023

I received a message back from the u/finding-jeanetta account. Other people who needed to be in contact with them also started to get notifications. Bird Sosa begins to help.  


June 7 - 25th, 2023 

As the contact shares information with Bird Sosa, the shared story does not match up for Hope (Jane Doe 1983 Saint Louis, Missouri) or anyone. Much of the information is false or directly tied to another case Opelika Jane Doe. https://dnasolves.com/articles/opelika-jane-doe/


I worked to find the people mentioned, and most people did not exist or were unrelated. I will not post this work to protect whomever's names were pulled into the false narrative. 


Reddit user u/UnitedProblems5645 is Bird Sosa, and the comments can be followed under the post about the mismatched information. They explain that the places, names, and photos do not match anything sensibly. I've collected the comments from Mr.Sosa here to be read. 


"She provided names and details that didn't match and couldn't be verified. She also provided photos. She said that Jeanette only ever attended in Terre Haute and there was never a girl named that in rolled. There is more buts that's all I will share. I don't want someone looking for attention to confuse the fact that we are still needing to identify the St Louis Jane Doe"


"No she didn't she was visiting him for Christmas is what she said when she saw her she went to baby sit the kids in Maplewood on big bend near Manchester. But again not a real lead"


"So this person writing the post they claim is a male friend. Then their is the sister that this is supposed to be. And then there is another number claiming to be Jeanette sister on the fathers side."


"They texted me personally we communicated for a week and when they realized that all their story was falling apart they stopped. They gave names, locations (Terre Haute and St. Louis not the only ones) and pictures supposedly the little girl.

I am being very open and if I'm not telling the truth I beg them to reply or contact me again. They have my number and I have the google numbers they used"


June 29, 2023

Christine Byers (KSDK) publishes an article about the lead and posts about the police, hopeful for the original poster to come forward.  


"The level of detail that is contained within this post, there seems to be a fair amount of information that could potentially fit with the information that investigators already know," said St. Louis police Sgt. Charles Wall, who spoke on behalf of the homicide division. "We have to hold out hope that there's somebody that knows something."


https://www.ksdk.com/amp/article/news/crime/new-lead-in-40-year-old-cold-case-st-louis-little-jane-doe/63-390a87a6-f588-466c-b49e-4546f3a074e4?fbclid=IwAR27Wd6ezrqOIos37CSRiGwqzaMEpz4RiBAukNV_HMfuX7RUgHH91-rjPSs


July 2, 2023

Mr. Sosa also made a post on r/RBI2 explaining with photos how this lead was a false lead. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/RBI2/comments/14oga30/comment/jqgj5sk/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1&context=3


"For those that wanted to see proof that I made contact with the Sisters from the Finding Jeanette Brooks post that the news is claiming to be an exclusive story. We communicate over the next few days and none of the people, locations or details could be verified. Jeanette never attended the school they called, nor was their ever someone named that in the district.

I care deeply about the St. Louis Jane Doe and want nothing more than to help her get her identity back.


Because of this I have decided to start a podcast dedicated to Only the St Louis Jane Doe. And if you believe I should do an episode exposing and reading these text messages let me know, and I will post them on the site so everyone can follow.


It will be named CLEPE Clepe as a verb means to name As a noun mean to cry out.


I respect KSDK and Christine Byers. But the story isn't the truth and the piece didn't even show the right building from 1983.

I had an earlier post but deleted it because I wanted to add a third photo but could edit it."



Reddit user u/CeCeDNA is THE CeCe Moore https://www.cecemoore.com/

and they came and backed Mr. Sosa on his reddit post and the original post. 


"I see a lot of downvotes and doubting of UnitedProblem5645's statements. Although I can understand why commenters have doubts about the veracity of an anonymous person's posts on Reddit and want to believe the claims about Jeanetta (also from an anonymous poster), in this case, UnitedProblem5645 is closely involved in trying to help identify S.L. Jane Doe and he knows what he is talking about. I know this and can vouch for him because I am working on the investigative genetic genealogy portion of S.L Jane Doe's case.

I have received details of the OP's claims regarding Jeanetta and her family from UnitedProblem5645 so I could try to build her family tree to see if she connects to any of the DNA matches and, like him, can find no evidence that any of it is accurate or, sadly, truthful. If, somehow, the OP was telling the truth, there is something much bigger going on than just one missing girl. An entire family has ceased to exist." 


"First, I just want to say thank you for everyone's care for and efforts on behalf of St Louis Jane Doe. She is continually on my mind and I will never stop trying to identify her through investigative genetic genealogy, and I know the Detective in charge is never going to give up on her either.

If anyone comes forward (like in this post) who believes they might be related to our Jane Doe (or any other Jane/John Doe), then they need to contact the agency in charge of the case directly. Also, if they or anyone from the theorized family (out to second cousin) has tested their DNA at one of the DNA testing companies, then they should immediately upload their DNA file to GEDmatch (free), so we can compare against SLJD's DNA. Once the file is uploaded and the kit number provided, I can do the comparison immediately (without the kit number, it will take a day or two to see the match if there is one). On these types of cases, we CANNOT compare against DNA profiles in Ancestry, 23andMe or MyHeritage, so it is essential that the DNA be uploaded to one of the two databases against which we are allowed to compare - GEDmatch and FTDNA.

Without going into too much detail, I have received the information involved in this claim regarding Jeanetta and find no evidence whatsoever that supports it."


And so the story for this lead ends. Though, if this was a cry for help for someone missing, I'm sure some people would still like to help. If a true story can be provided at any time, I would be willing to help. In the meantime, I will set my focus back on Hope. 


This situation only helped solidify that a permanent news source be made for Hope and only for Hope. Bird Sosa and others were already working on a new, now-available project. 


"It will go live in a week it's called CLEPE

As a verb, it means to name. And as a noun mean[ing] to cry out. Both I believe fit our cause for SLJD"Bird's comment on Reddit about the project. 


July 10, 2023

CLEPE Goes Live, but since the podcast is brand new most of the live search results have yet to come back. These are the following available links, and more are on the way. Bird Sosa leads CLEPE, and this was encouraged by lead investigators on Hope's cold case. Mr. Sosa then requits more powerhouse team members to help with CLEPE. (Will update with Team members later) 


CLEPE Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/300575355539543/user/100094406830487/

CLEPE Website 

https://314birdstudios.com/clepe-home/?fbclid=IwAR3N9FzXJKpiFTd8Hd_PiRj4p7Kx0ANbFnk-6-NcAgr-N6KXQTwC_cjbwSM

CLEPE Tiktok

https://www.tiktok.com/@clepepodcast?lang=en

CLEPE Insta

https://www.instagram.com/clepepodcast/


CLEPE is starting to stream from most providers and will show in more search results soon. This is the first live result! 

https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/a7417285-e2f9-484f-95f5-3e55988f2022/clepe


No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeking Answers: The Stephanie Wasilishin Tragedy (Sedona Arizona, 1993)

  Content Warning: This case has sensitive information, graphic descriptions, and mentions of domestic violence and suicide. Your health com...